To provide solid waste service to the residents of Maury County with solid waste disposal, tire disposal, recycling programs, litter pick up, and educational programs
Maury County Solid Waste welcomes and encourages Maury County residents to use any of our 9 convenience centers once a day.Please limit your loads to two cubic yards(a full sized pickup truck bed)., NO COMMERCIAL LOADS,the centers are for residents only.
Our convenience center hours are Monday though Saturday 7:30 to 5:00.
At our 1233 Lawson White location where the transfer station is located, we accept E-waste, tires, paint, and other recyclables. The tipping fee for the transfer station is $50.00 per ton with a $25.00 min. mixed load fees that may also apply up to $100.00. Other fees for our services start at $5.00.Scrap metal can be disposed of at no charge.
Our 1233 Lawson White location is open Mon through Fri 7 am to 3 pm, and is closed from 12:00 to 12:30 for lunch.
Tire disposal is done at the main office at 1233 Lawson White in Columbia.Pricing for tire disposal is $80.00 per ton, small tires are 2$ tractor tires are 10$ each tires on rims are extra.
Electronic Waste & Paint
Maury County Solid Waste accepts e-waste (computers, TVs, etc.) and paint on a daily basis at our main location,Paint must be oil or latex based and in its original container with a legible label. Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fees start at $5.00.
Guide to Medical Waste Disposal
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Household Hazardous Waste day in Maury County will be on Sept.21st 2019 at the Lawson White location.
Items NOT Accepted
View future HHW events and information on permanent facilities.
- Maury County provides HHW collection events annually.
- Maury County Household Hazardous Waste collection events are open to all residents of the state of Tennessee.
- No commercial, business, or farm materials will be accepted.
- Materials should be tightly sealed in its original container, if possible, and placed in a cardboard box. Glass containers should be wrapped in towels, cloth or packaged in some other way to prevent breakage. Materials should be transported to the event in the trunk or bed of your vehicle.
- Please only bring materials that are listed as accepted.
- The used oil hotline is 800-287-9013.