Financial Management assists the Budget Committee and County Commission in preserving and improving the sound financial condition of Maury County government through fiscally responsible budgeting practices, proper accounting of all financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and timely presentation of reliable financial information to decision makers.
- Coordinate the preparation of the consolidated budget for Maury County government in accordance with applicable state law and best practices of governmental accounting.
- Disseminate reliable financial information to the Budget Committee, County Commission, and Maury County citizens to promote informed financial decisions consistent with the expectations and demands of taxpayers.
- Process and report financial transactions in accordance with applicable state law and accounting principles to ensure the integrity of financial data.
Maury County’s 2020-2021 fiscal year budget received an award from the Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury for having sound budgeting practices and completing the budget process in a timely manner. There are only 16 counties in the state that have received this designation from the Tennessee Comptroller’s Office.
- Accepted Forms of Payment Policy
- Accounting System
- Annual Operating Budget Policy
- Financial Reports and Records
- Fund Balance Policy
- Individual School Audits
- Internal Controls
- Payment Procedures
- Purchasing Card
- School Support Organizations
- Travel and Reimbursement Policy
Annual/Monthly Financial Reports
View annual financial reports from previous years.
Maury County Public Schools Reports
- Board Member Orientation-Supplemental Financial Data
- 141 Fund Balance (PDF)
- 141 Fund Revenue Expenditure Report August (PDF)
- 142 Fund Balance August (PDF)
- 142 Fund Revenue Expenditure Report August (PDF)
- 143 Fund Balance August (PDF)
- 143 Fund Revenue Expenditure Report August (PDF)
- Cash Report for August (PDF)