The Department’s Reserve Unit is an integral part of maintaining service across the county. Dedicated individuals from all walks of life contribute their time on a volunteer basis, in a wide variety of activities to assist the department and the citizens of Maury County. Whether it’s patrol, special events at the Maury County Park, or taking a child shopping at Christmas, the Reserves can always be counted on to assist in whatever way possible.
If you are interested in the Reserve Unit, please fill out the Personal History Statement (PHS) along with the Application for Officer Certification and Basic Police School Application, which are already attached to PHS. You must also provide the Sheriff's Department with copies of the following documents, some documents may not pertain to you:
Valid TN Driver License
Social Security Card
High School Diploma or GED
Trade School Diploma or Certificate
Official College Degree or Transcript
DD214 - Member 4 copy (Military)
Police Academy Certificate
POST Certification Certificate
Training Academy Curriculum & P.O.S.T. Training Records (out-of-state applicants only)
You may drop-off the completed documents or mail to the attention of Brad Collins at 1300 Lawson White Drive in Columbia.
Maury County Sheriff’s Department Reserve Association
Service and Participation
- The Maury County Reserve Deputies worked 521.5 hours in March 2022. The estimated cost-savings to the county is $9,392.22 using the starting deputy rate $18.01.
- We have 18 active Reserves participating within the Reserve Program.
- For the month the Reserves made 3 transports, served 6 papers, made 3 arrests, answered 31 calls and assisted in 6 other calls
- For the year the Maury County Reserve Deputies have served 28 papers, completed 4 transport, made 17 arrests, answered 79 calls and assisted in 17 others. For the year the Reserves have worked 1,586.5 hours for a total cost savings to Maury County of $28,572.87
Personnel Information, Changes, and Monthly Events
The Reserve unit staff has interviewed and recommended approval of six (6) new reserve candidates to department leadership and are awaiting their decision. When/if approved those candidates will begin the process of training and getting qualified to begin service with the department.
During the month of March the reserves attended meetings to assist Columbia Police Department with the Mule Day Parade.
Reserve Association 2021 Summary
Service and Participation
- The Maury County Reserve Deputies worked 7554.5 hours in 2021. The annual cost-savings to the county is $133,614.12 using the starting deputy rate $18.01
- 22 people participated within the Reserve Program in 2021.
- The Reserve Deputies served 75 papers, completed 22 transports, made 57 arrests, answered 417 calls and assisted in 95 others.
- In conjunction with the SROs, the Reserves hosted the 17th annual Maury County Sheriff’s Rodeo.
The event was successful with profits totaling $20,000.00 for each organization.
- The Reserves helped with traffic control and security at the Mule Fest parade and events.
- Provided security at the Maury County Fair.
- Helped in distributing meals for the Thanksgiving Baskets.
- Helped with Shop with a Cop.
- Assisted CPD with traffic & security for the Christmas Parade and New Years Eve Mule Drop
Personnel Information and Changes
- In 2021 seven (7) Reserves left the Association. Nick Bell (appointed to Constable) Jeff Goldsmith, Ray Jeter (full time job responsibilities) Carlton Moore (job responsibilities), Alex Shriner (lack of time), Brandon Taylor (not enough spare time), Gail Tindal (to much job responsibilities).
- In 2021 during the month of December we interviewed four (4) candidates as possible replacements for the open positions.
We are still short of our full staff of 30 reserves, but are constantly accepting applications for the open positions.
- 156 -
- 157 -
- 158 -
- 159 -
- 160 -
- 161 -
- 162 -
- 163 -
- 164 -
- 165 - Charles Mangum
- 166 - David Graham
- 167 - Alvin Morrow
- 168 - Chris Lewis
- 169 - James Harlan
- 170 - James Wilson
- 171 - Greg Lusk
- 172 - David Thomas
- 173 - Brad Miller
- 174 -
- 175 - Ricky Sims
- 176 - Zac Bakker
- 177 -
- 178 - Peter Varvais
- 179 - Glenn Brown
- 180 -
- 181 - Brad Horn
- 182 -
- 183 -
- 184 -
- 185 - Bo Harden
- 186 -
- 187 - Collin Henry
- 188 - Josh Ragsdale