The materials which can be recycled are
- MIXED PAPER- Any kind of paper such as copy paper, newspapers, magazines, junk mail, writing tablets, and etc.
- CARDBOARD- Cardboard boxes and dividers, phonebooks, cereal and other food cardboard boxes. However, NO WAXED BOXES SUCH AS BANANA BOXES AND MILK CARTONS.
- PLASTIC CONTAINERS- All plastic can be accepted EXCEPT the following: grocery sacks, garbage bags, any containers that have metal on them (Ex. plastic bucket with metal handle). Please no containers that have been used to hold oil or antifreeze. Plastic grocery sacks can typically be dropped at a local grocery store as we can NOT recycle them.
- HOUSEHOLD GLASS CONTAINERS- Drink containers, household food ( pickles, salad dressing, etc), and cleaning supply containers. Separate the clear and the colored glass. However NO WINDOW, MIRROR, OR WINDSHIELD GLASS.
- ALUMINUM- Aluminum cans and scrap aluminum
- STEEL- Steel food cans, scrap steel, old appliances (Refrigeration & air conditioning units containing freon must be delivered to The Solid Waste Facility (MCSW) on Lawson White Drive).
The following items must be delivered to the Solid Waste Facility (MCSW) on Lawson White Drive:
- REFRIGERATION/AIR CONDITIONING UNITS-any units containing Freon. There will be a $5 fee for extracting the Freon.
- ELECTRONICS-Computers -Charged by ton - Minimum $5.00
- PAINT-Both acrylic and oil-based paints - Minimum $5.00
- TIRES-Old tires. There is a charge of $78/ton, approximately 200 tires depending on weight. Old Tires are taken between the time of 8:00am - 2:00pm Monday - Friday, but Please call MCSW before loading your tires as space can sometimes be limited. 931-375-6402 or 931-375-6403.
- Cash or Check only Please!