Resources for Military & Veterans
The US military consists of the best trained workforce in the country, when enlisted and after one leaves the military several useful skills have been learned that will assist the veteran in obtaining a civilian career. On this page you will find resources for post-service employment as well as other resources for healthcare, disability benefits, and more.
- Veterans Affairs Services
- Employment Resources
- Programs For Disabled Veterans
- Veterans In Crisis Services
Services available through the Tennessee Department of Veterans Affairs:
- County Veterans Service Officers Association - The mission of the County Veteran’s Service Offices across Tennessee is to provide accredited representation to Veterans, surviving spouses and their family members in filing various applications
- Federal Benefits - Information about obtaining federal benefits for eligible veterans, dependents, and/or survivors
- Federal Veteran's Agencies In Tennessee - Lists all US Department of Veterans Affairs in the state of Tennessee
- Jobs For Veterans - Explains how veterans looking for jobs can register online at Jobs4tn and apply for employment, also provides relevant announcements and upcoming job fairs
- State Benefits - Provides links to information about:
- State Parks
- Tennessee National Guard
- Veterans Emphasis State Mandates
- Veteran Homeowners
- Tennessee Veterans' Home - Page showing the locations and contact information for Tennessee Veteran's Home
- United Tennessee Veterans Association (UTVA) - United Tennessee Veterans Association (UTVA) provides communication, cooperation, and unity among affiliated organizations in matters relating to Veterans and their family members. UTVA has created and cultivated a cooperative and non-partisan relationship among all federal, state, local, private and public agencies and organizations that provide services to Tennessee Veterans and their family members
- Where To Get Help - Lists all of the Tennessee Veterans Affairs offices addresses, and contact information
- Military Hire - A website that is maintained by both military veterans and corporate hiring authorities: provides a network where former military personnel can find careers that use their skills.
- Military Skills Job Search - Input your military skills to find jobs and fields that are compatible with your skill set.
- Blinded Veterans Association (BVA) - Advocacy group of blinded veterans that work for blinded veterans in order to make life better for blinded veterans - They offer support and encouragement; there is no charge for BVA membership
- Disabled Veterans of America - An Advocacy and support group that is dedicated to assisting disabled veterans
- National Center For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - US Department of Veterans Affairs information about:
- Common Problems
- Information for Family and Friends
- Treatment and Coping
- Types of Traumas
- Existe un vínculo para paginas en Espanol.
- National Resource Directory - Connecting wounded warriors, service members, veterans, and their families / caregivers with those who support them
- Operation War Fighter - Operation Warfighter (OWF) is a Department of Defense Federal internship program exclusively for recovering service members - The organization places recovering service members in supportive work settings that positively impact their recovery
- Veterans Suicide Prevention Hotline - The Department of Veterans Affairs national suicide hotline that is open 24/7 and provides free access to counselors. Call 800-799-7233 and press 1 or text 838255. Counselors are standing by to assist veterans, and their families. Provided is information about chatting online and support for the deaf or hard of hearing.
- National Coalition For Homeless Veterans - A place for homeless veterans that provides information and general assistance with:
- Legal and Transportation Issues
- Mental Health Treatment
- Substance Abuse
You can reach them at 800-VET-HELP (800-838-4357).
- Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program - The purpose of the Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program (HVRP) is to provide services to assist in reintegrating homeless veterans into meaningful employment within the labor force and to stimulate the development of effective service delivery systems that will address the complex problems facing homeless veterans.